Cosmetic dentistry is the name given to anything that we do to make your smile look just the way you always wanted it. We have many options to offer that can help rejuvenate your smile in the most holistic way possible.
Our goal is to help you feel good from the inside and the outside
- We provide you with the latest that cosmetic dentistry has to offer worldwide.
- We offer you ceramic Cerec crowns in the same visit.
- We offer veneers and soft tissue laser to enhance your gum line and your smile.
Thanks to our Cerec in house milling machine, we can provide you with ceramic inlays and crowns in only one appointment
How does it work and how long will it take?
Cerec machines use CAD/CAM technology
- We use our special intra-oral camera to take an optical digital impression of your tooth .
- We pass this on to a computer that processes that image.
- We then design your crown or inlay , custom made to what your mouth needs.
- The computer then sends off milling instructions to an in house milling machine.
- The milling machine uses ceramic blocks that mills those blocks to the exact dimensions of your tooth.
This all takes minutes to complete so you can have your ceramic filling or crown inserted in the same visit.
What does that mean for you?
- Only one appointment is needed.
- No extra time off work.
- No temporary fillings.
- More affordable.
Are Cerec crowns and fillings bio-compatible?
At Ozone Dentistry, we strive to use the most recent rigorously tested bio-compatible materials available for your cosmetic dentistry. The ceramic that we use is favoured by leaders in the profession, due to its high quality, strength and close resemblance to nature. Cerec ceramic restorations won’t expand and contract like amalgam fillings in response to hot and cold. Shrinkage and expansion due to temperature variations in the mouth can result in gaps forming between the tooth and the filling, which can ultimately lead to sensitivity. Anaerobic bacteria would favour those tiny hidden gaps which may result in recurrent decay around the filling, further weakening of the tooth structure and possibly leading to consequences like tooth fracture and breakage.
Can I replace my old amalgam fillings with Cerec?
Cerec might be the most desirable option for cosmetic dentistry when replacing old amalgam fillings due to its:
- Inherent strength.
- Great aesthetics.
- Natural look.
What about its look, will it match my natural teeth?
We have a range of ceramic blocks in different shades to match everybody’s unique tooth colour. Different stains can also be added to the final restoration to ensure the closest match possible.
What about function?
- Cerec restorations enjoy very high strength.
- You can eat and drink cold and hot drinks normally.
- They function in the closest way possible to a natural tooth.
[maxbutton id=”8″] to find out how we can use Cerec to achieve your cosmetic goals.
- Porcelain veneers are a great option when you want to achieve quick results with minimal teeth preparation and maximum tooth structure preservation.
- Colour matching under our sunlight stimulator can help give you the natural and beautiful smile you always wished for.
Porcelain veneers sometimes offer a great alternative to orthodontics.
- They are also stain resistant.
- When used where indicated, they offer an unmatchable natural look.
Porcelain veneers can be used in a variety of cases including:
- Mild cases of front teeth malalignment.
- Closing gaps between teeth
- Lengthening of short teeth.
- Repairing chipped or broken teeth.
- Restoring worn down teeth.
- Masking discoloured teeth.
Are porcelain veneers compatible with my body?
Porcelain is a type of ceramic that has very high bio-compatibility. Gums love to wrap around ceramics and are considered as highly hygienic materials due to their very smooth texture that does not attract bacterial growth.
We understand that everybody’s body is different and reacts differently to different materials and foods. We therefore work very closely with naturopaths and offer you bio-compatibility tests to ensure that your body will not react to any of the materials that we use.
Ceramic Dental Implants
We use the best technology and training to offer our patients the latest in dental implant technology… ceramic dental implants.
- Ceramic dental implants offer better aesthetics due to their all white colour.
- Their design closely mimics our natural teeth.
- They are ultra bio-compatible.
- The surrounding gum wraps around the implant like a real tooth.
- They contribute to a healthier and more natural smile.